In my last post I noticed that the forearm models looked a little less than perfect. The forearms were one of the first parts of the model I made and originally I really wanted to make sure they conformed to the reference images I had. Coming back to them now, I think I made them conform a bit too much. Even though they appeared to fit the references, they were a weird shape when viewed from the top. I thought it would be better to reshape them to something more logical even if they didn't match the reference images as well:
As it turns out, having updated the models to a better shape, they do still manage to fit the reference images somehow. It makes sense that the more logical shape is the correct shape, so it's reassuring that the references seem to confirm that.
I have a slight worry that this project is a bit like 'Painting the Forth Bridge', in that once I finish one part enough time will have passed that another part will seem outdated or messy enough to need re-doing. I don't intend to redo a lot more of it, though I think some of the chest panels need refining.
I actually have some freelance work over the next few weeks; I'm not sure how much of my time it will take up, but it likely means less work done on this project for a while.
Such is life.